Thursday, June 26, 2014

"Battery Park" by Megan

When we got off from the ferry from Ellis Island on to Battery Park the sun had just finally started to peak out from the fog/smog clouds that had surrounded us for most of the morning. Everybody was hot and sweaty even though we had barely started our long day, which included at least 8 miles (!!!) of walking. Our team leader offered the option of us buying our own ice cream but we decided the line was too long, at that point I noticed a pretty fountain jet thing. My group dashed over to it. I was a kinda reluctant at first to go in but with a bit of pressuring from my friends I decide to join the crowd in the refreshing jets. And boy am I glad I did because it was ridiculously fun! The water was cool and wet (obviously). We dashed across the stone patio splashing and shielding ourselves. After playing in the fountain for about 10 to 15 minutes we were soaking wet. I believe my shorts were still damp after dinner. It was a lot of fun playing in the fountains in Battery Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment