Saturday, June 28, 2014

"Love of Family" by Isaac

I have to say that today I was affected greatly by the Pentagon Memorial. It was a somber experience. Lots of people cried, which is understandable. It was, after all, made to honor all of the people who died in the Pentagon or on the plane that day. The youngest person that died that day was a little girl who was three years old. The oldest was the captain of the plane. He was 71 years old. Seeing all of the benches and thinking that each one represented a person, and not a number,  really made it seem closer to home to me, if that's possible. On September 10th, 2001, I flew home from my great-grandparent's place, in Sacramento, California. We landed in the Portland International Jetport, where the terrorists took off from the next morning. I don't know if it's possible to make it more personal than that. Visiting this memorial has made me realize that, even though it may not seem like it at times, I value and love my family. I don't know what I would do without them. I take them for granted a lot, as do most of us, and sometimes I dislike them, but down deep we all harbor a love for our families, friends, and country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment