Sunday, June 29, 2014

"Push-Ups for Charity" by Megan



We happened upon a strange thing at the Lincoln Memorial. A fundraising event called Pushups for Charity, the people asked us to line up and do push-ups for 90 seconds. I was a bit hesitant the first time but I still decided to do it. The first time I did 50 pushups (!!!) more than I ever thought was possible from my 'weak' arm muscles. Then we went to check out Lincoln before the charity event went on TV on Fox. When we went back down to the event I decided to do the pushups again and Brin decided to do it. As we lined up one of the Charity people who was a trainer who was next to Brin offered us a bet. The bet was if the two of us together could do more pushups than he could he would give us a $100 bill if we didn't he would give it to the charity. He did 62 pushups. Brin did 37 pushups and I did 62 pushups!!! So we won!!! I decided to give it to charity. This was really exciting for me especially               be~~~cause I have never held a Franklin before! To give money to the charity go to; crowdrise.com/thefinalpush1 or www.pushupsforcharity.com! They raise money to support veterans, it's a great cause and everyone we met who takes part in it is really really nice, so consider donating money thank you! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment