Thursday, June 26, 2014

"The First Two Days" by Shawn

During the first two days of the trip, we have all been through some drama in the hotel rooms, the ferries and on the bus. Despite these differences, I feel we have all had a pleasurable experience with one another during our times at Liberty and Ellis Island’s, the 9/11 memorials, and the restaurants in Manhattan, particularly the restaurants in Little Italy. I have had a few frightening and weird experiences, like a little old Chinese lady who was swatting her cane at us telling us to get back, to a homeless man screaming at our group for one of our members wearing a Red Sox cap in New York. Through the good and the bad times in the short two days weve been in New York and New Jersey, I find that through the difficulties between my friends and I, we have been able to work through them in a manor that works out for everyone.
         So far, my favorite memorial has been the 9/11 memorials here in New York. It did irritate me to see so many people disrespecting this memorial though. There were people who were leaning on the plates, people trying to touch the water, and people taking pictures, laughing and giggling.  I felt angered at the sight of this and when I addressed it, was scrutinized for me opinion. Shouldn’t we be taught to respect the people who have lost their lives?
         We continued to move on through New York and finally reach the hotel, where most people were complaining, I’m still hearing of my friends staying up until 1 am.

         I cant wait to see each and every one of these museums and monuments that make our country what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment