Thursday, June 26, 2014

What was the most memorable place you visited in NYC? Why?

"Top of the Rock because Dr. Demars helped me ease my fear of heights and the scenery was unbelievable."  - a student

"The most memorable place I visited in NYC was the 9/11 Memorial. This was very memorable because this happened when I was one.  I remember my dad having to leave for Japan at the time because he was in the Navy. Therefore, 9/11 was a very memorable place."  - a student

"Though we traveled around and saw the coolest places and things what stuck with me was the amazing pieces of graffiti and the Rockefeller Plaza.  The graffiti because I love art and the art was bright and interesting.  Rockefeller because of the stunning nighttime view of things I see only during the day." - a student

"The most memorable place in NYC was Liberty Island.  The Statue of Liberty is a  very iconic and symbolic monument as it represents the freedom of American citizens.  We took a ferry to Liberty Island which provided some great photo opportunities.  After the boat reached the dock we disembarked and walked around Lady Liberty.  It was quite chaotic because so many people were taking photos and we didn't want to photobomb them." - a student

"This may sound weird but the places are nothing in comparison with the people and the interactions I've experienced on this trip.  The kids are so amazing in the way they are growing by leaps and bounds.  I forget how sheltered we are in the Brunswick, Maine.  Our kids are really rolling with the changes as we tracked through some "colorful" territory.  I have valued the different points of view and good humor of the adults on the trip.  We really are a great team and I love knowing we can count on each other. I'm really having a lot of fun."  - a team leader


No comments:

Post a Comment