Friday, June 27, 2014

Emotional Day by Baili

A drop of a hat could end the world. A memory could ruin a life.  An accident could become a failure. In this case it was a thought. A simple thought. Imagine just sitting on your couch at home. Any other day would be normal, but today was different. Today I sit here as I type this blog and realize that everything I do affects other people. I, as a human being, could and will change the world in my own tiny ways. You will also change the world. What I saw today changed my life. Forever. I saw Gettysburg and Arlington. However those things were emotional, they were not what struck me. What got to me was the Pentagon Memorial. I was on the verge of tears just thinking about it. The Pentagon Memorial was just simply beautiful. You walk in through an octagon tunnel. Then there are signs. I walked into that memorial feeling distraught. I did not expect there to be so much emotion. So much trust in each other to let them see you cry. I was feeling close to death. The experience I have been through. I will not bore you with the details, but that’s what brought me to tears. I think about the people and creatures I have lost in our complex society, and it stings me to the highest degree. Like I said, I will not bore you. In the Pentagon Memorial there were benches, lit up like Christmas trees. The benches were filled with water underneath. The water was crystal clear. Each bench had a name.  They were in order from youngest to oldest. I did not realize, nor do you realize, that there were kids who lost their lives, before it even started. Dearly and truly I looked at a bench. I really felt that this bench was special. It represented a little girl by the name of Dana Falkenberg. She was three years old. She will forever be known as the youngest person to die at the Pentagon. I believe that there was no reason she or anyone else had to die. My personal connection to this is that I have never known what it is like to serve and die. Nor will I ever know how truly bad this day was. I was not there that day. I was merely two years old. I do know what it is like for death to be a part of life. Everything has to end. This just should not have been the way those people’s lives ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment