Friday, June 27, 2014

"The Pentagon Memorial" by Aidan


The Pentagon Memorial was an unforgettable experience. It was tonight that I feel like we all really came together and were there for each other. Everyone keeps saying how great of a group of kids we are, and I feel like I could finally see what they were talking about. I will never forget how I was sitting by that one bench, and we were telling stories about losing loved ones. It was emotional, but at the same time was relieved knowing that I was not the only one. Even if our stories had nothing connected to 9-11, we all supported everyone, no matter how close we are, or were to them. Honestly, I didn't think it was going to be as emotionally toiling as it was, but the thing that got me the most was the speech that was spoken at the opening of the memorial. I liked one quote especially, which was: "And That the good Lord will bless all of those who have lost loved ones in the long struggle that has followed. We are deeply in their debt. And each of use will remain so for the rest of our lives." This quote not only talked about the lost ones at the Pentagon, but also reminded us that we should never forget all of the ones who have dies and served our country. I hope that every one is able to walk away from this trip with a new understanding of what it means to serve and die, honoring your country to the last minute. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me, and I know that I will never forget it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment