Sunday, June 29, 2014

Days 3, 4, 5 Reflections: What was the most memorable historical spot we visited? Why?

What was the most memorable historical spot we visited on days 3,4 and 5?  Why?

"The Pentagon Memorial.  It was dark and pools were all lit up.  There were so many.  It just hit me that each one stood for a person.  All of those people died feet from where I stood. It was an awakening.  It was more than just a name.  Every pool was a person and these people were gone forever."  - Mia

"Gettysburg, because it was a place I never saw before and I was able to stand on the battlefield where men gave their lives. I would just love to shake their hand today and thank them for what they did." - Wyatt

"I don't know if this is a place "historical" spot and I'm sure many people will write about this, but it was the Pentagon.  I wrote about this on the blog.  We really took into consideration of the seriousness of this site.  We all supported each other and some of us were able to let things go.  We saw sides of people we normally don't see and I won't forget this for a long time." - Aidan

"I think the Pentagon Memorial was the most memorable. It was the only place I cried on the entire trip. It was a very well-done memorial and it had an incredible effect on everyone there."  - Piper 

"I feel as if everyone will write this, but the Pentagon Memorial.  It was very emotional for all who visited it.  It was a beautiful spot that honored all the passengers and Americans who died that day. Another memorable place was Arlington Cemetery though it was incredibly sad, I left feeling proud of the men and women who died for our country.  I also found the Constitution Center very memorable.  Especially the presentation about our country's great history."  - Paige

"The Pentagon was the most memorable for me. It was very sad seeing all the names who were retired from the army and also how the youngest person on the plane was." - Jared

"Holocaust museum affected me because I'm Jewish and that could have been me in all of those pictures." - Tobyn

"My most memorable was Pentagon memorial - when the soldier talked about what happened on 9/11 it really set the mood. It was really sad to see all those people who were doing something anyone would do and be killed." - Forest

"The most memorable was Pentagon Memorial - it was a little scary to see how young some people on the plane were. Also the amount of people who lost their lives that day is horrible. The emotional and phycological damage that happened then is bad" - Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment